1. The body responsible for data processing
We, matterial GmbH, located at Anni-Eisler-Lehmann-Strasse 3, D-55122 Mainz (Germany), are responsible for the use of data in connection with the services on www.matterial.com, including website visits, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Use of data, processing purposes, and legal bases
(1) When you use our services, including when you visit our website, we collect data that is collected, stored, and processed by us.
(2) Your visit to our website will be logged. Essentially, we record the IP address currently used by your PC, date and time, the browser type and the operating system of your PC, as well as the pages viewed by you. As a rule, we cannot and do not intend to collect any personally identifiable information.
(3) Personal data will only be processed for correspondence with you and only for the purpose for which you have made this data available to us. The specific processing purposes of your data and their legal basis are listed below:
Purpose: Registration / sign-up for a user account
Data affected: Email address password, Google+ user name, Cobot user name
Legal basis: Your consent according to Art. 6 I a) of the GDPR
Purpose: Conclusion of contract or booking of paid services
Data affected: Email address password, Google+ user name, Cobot user name, surname, first name, postal address.
Legal basis: Contract execution according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR
Data affected: E-mail address and password, surname, first name, postal address, financial and transaction data, such as EC or credit card numbers and account information
Legal basis: Contract fulfillment according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR
Purpose: Using our services
Data affected: Email address, photo, , Google+ user name, Cobot user name
Legal basis: Your consent according to Art. 6 I a) of the GDPR in case of a free use, Contract fulfillment according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR in case of a paid use
3. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, and third-country transmission
(1) For our services, we only use servers located in Germany, namely in D-60313 Frankfurt am Main and D-76227 Karlsruhe, which we have rented from ProfitBricks GmbH, located at Greifswalder Str. 207, 10405 Berlin. Additional information can be found at: https://www.profitbricks.de/en/product/data-protection/disclaimer/. Matterial has concluded a contract for commissioned data processing with ProfitBricks GmbH within the meaning of Art. 28 of the GDPR. We use for our services exclusively servers with the location in Germany namely in D-60313 Frankfurt Am Main and D-76227 Karlsruhe and have been rented by us at ProfitBricks GmbH, Greifswalder Str. 207, 10405 Berlin. Further information can be found at: https://www.profitbricks.de/en/product/data-protection/disclaimer/
(2) In the event of paid use of our Services, we will give your details for payment processing to the online payment service "Stripe Inc." based in the US (185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA), hereinafter " Stripe ". For Europe, payment is initially processed through a subsidiary of Stripe, Ireland-based Stripe Payments Europe Limited (Flag C / o A & l Goodbody, Ifsc, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, 662880), which handles payment processing forwarded to Stripe in the US. This means that personal information is transmitted to servers in the United States. For more information about sharing with these companies, please refer to: https://stripe.com/privacy. The EU Commission has issued an adequacy decision, the EU-US Privacy Shield, stating that the data protection levels of US-based companies that have been certified in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield are identical to those of the EU. For Stripe a corresponding certification currently exists. (currently until 2018-07-11 https://bit.ly/2nzkt3F)
4. Duration of data storage
We only store personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, or until you revoke your consent. As far as legal retention periods have to be observed, such as commercial and tax law, the storage period for certain data can last up to 10 years.
5. Your rights as an affected party
(1) Information: Upon request, you will receive information about all personal data that we have stored about you at any time and free of charge.
(2) Correction, deletion, or restriction of processing: If you no longer agree to the storage of your personal data or if it has become inaccurate, we will arrange for your data to be deleted or blocked or make the necessary corrections (insofar as this is possible under applicable law) upon receiving a corresponding instruction. The same applies if we are only to process data to a limited extent in the future.
(3) Data portability: We store your data in a transferable form so that it can also be transferred to another company at your request.
(4) Exercising your rights as an affected party: If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your personal data, the disclosure, correction, blocking, or deletion of data, or if you wish to transfer the data to another company, please contact us by email at: . In addition, you have the right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority.
(5) Please note: Data for which we are not able to identify the data subject, e.g. if it has been anonymized for analysis purposes, is not covered by the above rights. Information, deletion, blocking, correction, or transfer of this data to another company is only possible if you provide us with additional information that allows us to identify the data.
6. The right to revoke consent
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. Data for billing and accounting purposes is not affected by a cancellation/revocation or deletion. Revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of the previous processing.
You can revoke your consent by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the following link:
User account: https://www.matterial.com/en/pricing?doLogin=true
7. Data required
Please note that the data requested to sign up for the services is required.
8. Registration via google + and cobot.me
You can also sign up for the services we provide via cobot or Google+, if you have already opened a user account. In this case no additional registration on our website is necessary. To register you will be redirected to the page of cobot or Google, where you can log in with your usage data.
When logging in via cobot or Google+, our services will be linked to your respective user profile. The following information is automatically sent to us by the respective service provider:
- User name
- Email address
- Photo from Google
This information is mandatory for logging in to identify you.
If cobot and / or google provide the possibility to access your contacts when authenticating with these services, we will not use them.
We point out that the use of the cobot or Google-Logins may lead to the providers of these services collect personal data and possibly further use them. However, this data collection and use is the responsibility of cobot or Google and can not be influenced by us.
When registering via cobot or Google+ we get the following consent:
[ ] I agree that cobot / Google+ login will automatically send data to matterial GmbH, Anni-Eisler-Lehmann-Strasse 3, D-55122 Mainz, for user registration. This concerns my as publicly marked profile details. The consent can be revoked at any time.
(1) In order to make our website more attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use the so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the browser session, that is, after you close your browser (these are called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us and our partner companies to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies).
(2) You can delete all cookies stored on your computer and set most browsers in such a way so that the storage of cookies is prevented. However, you may have to adjust certain settings manually each time you visit a page and put up with the impairment of some functions.
(4) Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses the so-called "cookies," which are text files stored on your computer, to help analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transferred to and stored on a Google server in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties in so far as this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will not under any circumstances associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You can object to the collection of data at any time with effect for the future by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
You can also prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This sets an opt-out cookie which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website:
Please note that this website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This way, IP addresses will be stored exclusively in anonymized form. Direct personal identification in connection with the stored data is thus excluded.
10. TLS encryption
We protect the transmission of your data with a secure (AES 256 bit) TLS connection. TLS (Transport Layer Security) is a security technology that ensures that your personal data is transferred securely over the Internet and is not visible to third parties. Encrypted data: The following data is encrypted: Personal data (name, address).