1. The body responsible for data processing
We, matterial GmbH, located at Anni-Eisler-Lehmann-Strasse 3, D-55122 Mainz (Germany), are responsible for the use of data in connection with the services on www.matterial.com, including website visits, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Use of data, processing purposes, and legal bases
(1) When you use our services, including when you visit our website, we collect data that is collected, stored, and processed by us.
(2) Your visit to our website will be logged. Essentially, we record the IP address currently used by your PC, date and time, the browser type and the operating system of your PC, as well as the pages viewed by you. As a rule, we cannot and do not intend to collect any personally identifiable information.
(3) Personal data will only be processed for correspondence with you and only for the purpose for which you have made this data available to us. The specific processing purposes of your data and their legal basis are listed below:
Purpose: Registration / sign-up for a user account
Data affected: Email address, Google user name, Cobot user name
Legal basis: Your consent according to Art. 6 I a) of the GDPR
Purpose: Conclusion of contract or booking of paid services
Data affected: Email address, Google user name, Cobot user name, surname, first name, postal address.
Legal basis: Contract execution according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR
Data affected: E-mail address, surname, first name, postal address, financial and transaction data, such as EC or credit card numbers and account information
Legal basis: Contract fulfillment according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR
Purpose: Using our services
Data affected: Email address, photo, Google user name, Cobot user name
Legal basis: Your consent according to Art. 6 I a) of the GDPR in case of a free use, Contract fulfillment according to Art. 6 I b) of the GDPR in case of a paid use
3. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, and third-country transmission
(1) For our services, we only use servers located in Germany, namely in D-60313 Frankfurt am Main and D-76227 Karlsruhe, which we have rented from ProfitBricks GmbH, located at Greifswalder Str. 207, 10405 Berlin. Additional information can be found at: https://www.profitbricks.de/en/product/data-protection/disclaimer/. Matterial has concluded a contract for commissioned data processing with ProfitBricks GmbH within the meaning of Art. 28 of the GDPR. We use for our services exclusively servers with the location in Germany namely in D-60313 Frankfurt Am Main and D-76227 Karlsruhe and have been rented by us at ProfitBricks GmbH, Greifswalder Str. 207, 10405 Berlin. Further information can be found at: https://www.profitbricks.de/en/product/data-protection/disclaimer/
4. Duration of data storage
We only store personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed, or until you revoke your consent. As far as legal retention periods have to be observed, such as commercial and tax law, the storage period for certain data can last up to 10 years.
5. Your rights as an affected party
(1) Information: Upon request, you will receive information about all personal data that we have stored about you at any time and free of charge.
(2) Correction, deletion, or restriction of processing: If you no longer agree to the storage of your personal data or if it has become inaccurate, we will arrange for your data to be deleted or blocked or make the necessary corrections (insofar as this is possible under applicable law) upon receiving a corresponding instruction. The same applies if we are only to process data to a limited extent in the future.
(3) Data portability: We store your data in a transferable form so that it can also be transferred to another company at your request.
(4) Exercising your rights as an affected party: If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your personal data, the disclosure, correction, blocking, or deletion of data, or if you wish to transfer the data to another company, please contact us by email at: . In addition, you have the right to appeal to the competent supervisory authority.
(5) Please note: Data for which we are not able to identify the data subject, e.g. if it has been anonymized for analysis purposes, is not covered by the above rights. Information, deletion, blocking, correction, or transfer of this data to another company is only possible if you provide us with additional information that allows us to identify the data.
6. The right to revoke consent
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. Data for billing and accounting purposes is not affected by a cancellation/revocation or deletion. Revocation of your consent does not affect the legality of the previous processing.
You can revoke your consent by sending an email to or by clicking on the following link:
User account: https://www.matterial.com/en/pricing?doLogin=true
7. Data required
Please note that the data requested to sign up for the services is required.
8. Registration via Google, Microsoft or cobot.me
You can also sign up for the services we provide via cobot, Microsoft or Google if you have already opened a user account. In this case, no additional registration on our website is necessary. To log in, you will be redirected to the page of the respective provider, where you can log in with your usage data.
When logging in via cobot, Microsoft or Google, our services will be linked to your respective user profile. The following information is automatically sent to us by the respective service provider:
This information is mandatory for logging in to identify you.
If cobot, Microsoft or Google provide the possibility to access your contacts when authenticating with these services, we will not use them.
We point out that the use of the cobot-, Microsoft- or Google-Logins may lead to the providers of these services collect personal data and possibly further use them. However, this data collection and use is the responsibility of cobot, Microsoft or Google and can not be influenced by us:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Profile picture
- Hosted domain
- First and last name
- Email address
- Group info: displayName
- Email address
- Profile picture
If cobot, Microsoft and/or Google should grant the possibility to access your contacts in case of an authentication by means of these services, we do not make use of this..
We point out that the use of the cobot, Microsoft or Google login can lead to the fact that the providers of these services collect personal data and use them further if necessary. However, this data collection and use is the responsibility of cobot, Microsoft or Google and can not be influenced by us..
- Google: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/terms/
- Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/de-de/privacystatement
- cobot: https://www.cobot.me/pages/terms
When you sign up via cobot, Microsoft or Google, we obtain the following consent:.
[ ] I agree that cobot / Google login will automatically send data to matterial GmbH, Anni-Eisler-Lehmann-Strasse 3, D-55122 Mainz, for user registration. This concerns my as publicly marked profile details. The consent can be revoked at any time.
(1) In order to make our website more attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use the so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the browser session, that is, after you close your browser (these are called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us and our partner companies to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies).
(2) You can delete all cookies stored on your computer and set most browsers in such a way so that the storage of cookies is prevented. However, you may have to adjust certain settings manually each time you visit a page and put up with the impairment of some functions.
This website uses the open source software Matomo to collect anonymous usage data for this website.
Matomo processes the following data:
- Anonymized IP addresses: The last 2 bytes are removed (188.8.131.52 instead of 184.108.40.206)
- Pseudo-anonymized location (based on the anonymized IP address
- Date and time
- Title of the accessed page
- URL of the accessed page
- URL of the previous page (if it allows it)
- Screen resolution
- External links
- User agent of the browser
- Operating system
10. TLS encryption
We protect the transmission of your data with a secure (AES 256 bit) TLS connection. TLS (Transport Layer Security) is a security technology that ensures that your personal data is transferred securely over the Internet and is not visible to third parties. Encrypted data: The following data is encrypted: Personal data (name, address).